Rumor has it
Our fibre art group started a challege last summer which we hope you will enjoy. The challenge was to create a small 2 dimensional wall hanging no larger than 8 1/2 X 11" The rules were simple:
- we drew straws to determine the sequence..there were 13 of us participating...we started in July 2010
- the first person chose the inspirational photo. She then created a piece of art inspired by this photo for month 1
- only the finished art piece was passed along to the second person in line...who was to use this as the inspiration for thier own creation.
- this process was repeated for the next 12 months, each person having one month to complete their piece before passing along their art work to the next in line
- there were no restrictions as to materials, techniques or subject matter....just inspiration from the preceding art work.
Our big reavel took place this week as we got our fist look at the completed challenge. Just like a rumour passed from person to person, the art pieces have their inspiration faken from the preceding month, but clearly take on a life of their own.
Interestingly, the sequence could have started in reverse order when you see the similarity with the final are piece and the original photo.